Monday, December 28, 2009

Fast and furious movie reviews

Hey, so I've hit up a few of the holiday movies, and here's my reviews so far:

Up in the Air: Very timely, well done movie. Don't know if I'd call it the best movie of the year, but each actor delivered an outstanding performance. Less of a comedy, more of a well timed social commentary. Good for someone wanting to see a great movie, not for someone seeking 2 hours of an escape from real life. I give it an A.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Took my 8 year old brother, he enjoyed it very much. It had trouble keeping my attention, but there were some entertaining moments. I did not feel as though it was a waste of money, though I wouldn't go see it more then once. As always, the chipmunks were adorable, and lessons were learned. Nice for the young crowd. If you liked the first one, you may like this one. If you didn't well...you won't like this one any better. I give it a C +

Avatar: I have very few things to say about this movie. Poor script, even worse plot. Very predictable, very much regurgitated. However, the movie itself is so beautiful, that you almost forgive everything wrong with the plot. Worth seeing just for the experience, and the world of the movie. B-

Sherlock Holmes: I. Loved. This. Movie. It kept my attention the whole time, it was very engaging. However, your brain must be active, or you might get lost. Outstanding performances from all involved, Robert Downey JR is at the top of his game. I can't wait to see what he does with the rest of his career. RDJ and Jude Law have a fantastic chemistry, so much so that it's worth paying the ticket price just to watch them interact. The only flaw of the movie is Robert Downey JR's chemistry with Rachel McAdams. Both individually gave very strong performances, however, I don't feel as though they ever clicked the way they should have when together on screen. I give this an A.

I'll update if I see any more. Which I may.

PEACE OUT! LOVE! Later ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment