Monday, January 4, 2010

You ever have a conversation that...

Have you ever had a conversation with someone that makes you want to bang your head against a wall?

I had one this morning. A good friend of mine is dating this guy, who I hate with a rather intense passion. So lets just call him Douche. Because that's what I call him when I'm not speaking to my friend.

Anyway, my friend has been dating Douche since this summer. So...about 6 months or so at my count, maybe 7. He's your stereotypical Jock. Terrible to her friends, thinks very highly of himself, looks down at the others around him, and has an IQ that is less then that of a rock. He's insulted me and a friend of mine to our faces, and my friend never does anything to stop it. We've also asked around and it turns out that none of her friends seem to like him. I think the words I heard were "He's just mean, and really rather rude."

...and then she gets on the phone with me today and says this.

"Well things have been Douche, so I think once I graduate I may just move in with him and his friend."

This gave me pause.

You've been dating someone for 7 months. And you already want to move in with them? And then she said this:

"Things are changing so fast! I'm going to be a married women!"

And that was really just what sent me off the edge. Including the time before we were dating, I've known my boyfriend longer then my friend has even KNOWN Douche, she's been dating him for less time then that even. I would never consider getting married.

What the hell. Slow down, I really don't understand you're motivation. I'm trying. I really am, but my god. You're digging yourself into a hole that's only going to lead you to heartache and pain. I want to help, I do. I really do.

But I can't make everyone listen can I? She needs to open her ears to what all of us are saying....

BAH

No comments:

Post a Comment